Friends of Woodfield PTA
Woodfield Infant School PTA is a charity run by parents, carers, teachers and volunteers to raise valuable funds for the school.
Our goal is to support the school, and most importantly the pupils, by running fundraising events and activities through the school year to enable us to invest in innovative resources and exciting experiences for the children to learn and enjoy. We do this by organising and running a range of events throughout the year, including Summer and Christmas Fairs, quiz nights, children's discos, colouring competitions and Easter egg hunts around the school grounds.
There is also a social element to the PTA, encouraging parents, carers, staff and pupils to come together in a different way as part of our local community.
Last school year the PTA raised an impressive £7,242. This money was used to fund or part subsidise:
- 270 children going to the Christmas Pantomime at Theatre Severn
- Dictionaries for the Year 2 Leavers
- The new playground markings and signboards
- A fund of £1000 per year group was allocated to each class. This money was spent on classroom resources, including items for outdoor learning and materials for play based learning
- Historically, money has also been spent on phonic reading books for our younger readers, outdoor play equipment and library furniture, all of which are hugely appreciated by the wider school community
How can you help?
We are always looking for more volunteers, so if you are able to help in any way, however small, then we would love to hear from you. For the big events like the Christmas fair we ask for volunteers to sign up to focus on specific tasks - we are always grateful to anyone who can lend an hour or two of their time to help supervise a stall or coordinate raffle prizes.
If you are short on time (as all parents are) simply baking a cake, turning up to events, and encouraging your child or children to participate in activities, e.g. colouring competitions throughout the school year, is just as appreciated.
If you have ideas to share or are keen to be involved then please email the PTA direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!
Registered Charity Number: 1140982