Welcome to Woodfield!
Woodfield Infant School is a happy, caring school where we all do our best for our children. I am very proud to be the Headteacher of such a lovely school, attended by caring, happy children and set in the beautiful town of Shrewsbury. We have a very hardworking, enthusiastic staff and the school has a real family feel.
At Woodfield, we aim to encourage the children to find their special talents and nurture them. We want our children to be enthusiastic, resilient learners who can meet any challenge with a smile and a 'can do' attitude. Our curriculum is exciting and lively, ensuring that the children's interests are catered for; we offer them learning experiences which are interesting, meaningful and relevant to them. The children take part in lots of special events which enhance their learning and make it fun and memorable, for example a whole school wedding at the local church, World Book Day, Indian dance workshop days and RAF 100 commemorations, to name but a few. We ensure that the children have a wide, varied education which stands them in good stead for the next stage of their education.
The school was rated as 'Outstanding' at its most recent inspection and we work hard to ensure that children achieve well. A combination of high expectations and a nurturing, safe environment gives the children the confidence to try new things and take risks in their learning.
This website should give you a lot of the information that you need when deciding whether our school is the right one for your child. However, I would be delighted to meet with you to show you around, so that you can get ‘a feel’ for the school, see our accommodation and, most importantly, meet the children and adults who make our school the wonderful, welcoming place that it is.
A warm welcome awaits you!
Headteacher's direct email address: email@example.com
Children are at the heart of every decision we make, and everything we do at Woodfield. The aim of our school is to fully develop every child intellectually, morally, spiritually and physically. We believe that every day is a day in which a child can make steps towards fulfilling their potential.
In partnership with parents, staff, governors and the wider community, our vision at Woodfield Infant School is to:
- Continue to be recognised as an outstanding school which strives for excellence, values achievement and provides a stimulating, creative and dynamic learning environment
- Develop the skills of every child within a happy atmosphere,
- Prepare children to play an active role in their community,
- Be a safe learning environment in which children feel secure, and where self-esteem, confidence and respect, both for themselves and for others, can be promoted,
- Be a learning community in which individuals' needs and talents are valued and success is celebrated,
- Support our children in developing healthy lifestyles,
- Make our school a place where children want to be.
We believe that children should leave Woodfield with their understanding deepened, their minds enriched and their hearts inspired, so that they love learning and embrace the challenges of the future.